Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Gimme back my spoon

So I'm throwing a gold spoon last week when it was hit by an enormous bass.  We fought for about half a minute and then my line snapped.  Bummer.  So tonight I decided to head down to the pond with Jennifer to get my gold spoon back from that bass.  My lure selection was a new silver spoon with a red spinner.  I whipped my line out at least fifteen times before making the decision to switch to something more appealing for this time of day.  I had to perform well because Jennifer is not down with fish stealing my lures.  Naturally I selected a red and green, white bellied, diving, crank frog bait. This thing was phenomenal.  The first cast was a beauty and landed around thirty yards down the shoreline.  The lure landed, I pulled on it just a whisker and let it pop up to the surface, then I gave it a good yank while reeling in slowly. Wham! That bass hit that lure hard and took off for deeper water while my drag screamed out loud "Tighten me, tighten me!"  I obliged the drag screw and landed a nice bass as is evident in the above photo eagerly taken by my personal photographer.  The bass strike out of pure anger when the lures come cruising by their territory which is why they are so fun to catch. One must understand what they are hunting in order to select what to use to hunt it.  It was a nice half hour with my favorite Jennifer.  We had fun.

No comments: